LIFTING COVID-19 will still be a SIGNIFICANT RISK to business.We can assist you to comply to the requirement to start operation of your business.
The Occupational Health & Safety Act requires that business create a Safe working environment for:-
- And those you will never come into contact with.
This provides a significant challenge to companies. Why?
- The employer versus employee versus the unknown, requires an in-depth analysis on conducting business in a sustainable way.
- Employees could bring the virus back into the workplace.
- Visitors, contractors, 3rd parties could bring the virus into the workplace.
- The virus could be unwittingly acquired in public spaces.
- Knowingly allowing a COVID-19 person on site can incur serious criminal consequences.
- Employers will need to do a risk assessment on all the possible scenarios that could arise and cause cross contamination. For example:-
- Personal Protective Equipment might need to be provided, hand sanitizers need to be available.
- What action will be required for when contamination has arisen?, etc.
- This means creating new policies, procedures and methodologies to mitigate risk. For example:-
- Company employees.
- 3rd parties visiting your company. (representatives, friends, deliveries and so forth).
- Face to face meetings. (reception, boardroom discussions, general workplace discussions).
- Identifying and implementing solid structures to mitigate risk will be a prerequisite to maintaining a zero risk environment. For example:-
- A daily health assessment declaration for all entering company premises.
- Routine sanitizing of all surfaces
- Creating a solid awareness program for all in the working environment.
The employee has the responsibility to preserve themselves and anyone they come into contact with by maintaining a safe work environment.
- They need to make the company aware if they have COVID-19 or have been in contact with anyone who has symptoms.
- They need to report to management if they suspect any other employee might have symptoms that might affect the company.
- They need to make the company aware of risk exposure to themselves.
This is only a very small snippet of what companies can expect and are required to implement.
TIME is of the essence. There is only a small window available to make change.
It makes sense for responsible management to start working on solid reformation of the workplace.